Nowadays heart attack is a number one killer of women. It’s a very crucial problem that most women are facing. There are so many symptoms & signs of heart attack by which you came to know about heart disease prior.
Well, it is difficult to know the early warning signs of heart attack because of many times it starts slowly unlike the dramatic movies. But still, every woman should aware about these symptoms of heart attack, probably that you are facing all of those problems and which will become the reason of your heart attack. So, here are some warning signs that help you to find out the symptoms of the heart attack.
1. Breathing Problem
Difficulty in breathing is medically known as dyspnea. A breathing problem may occur before or during the chest pain of a heart attack even in some cases, it may be associated with other heart attack symptoms without any chest pain. So, according to the survey, it has been found out that 42% of women got a heart attack because of breathing problem. They have concurrent chest pain which results in heart attack.
2. Upper Body Pain
Mostly in women, the pain in neck, jaw, teeth, arms, and shoulder are the symptoms of heart attack. Because the pain of a heart attack can spread down both arms, to the jaw or head, or to the back. Even some people have tooth pain or a headache as a symptom of a heart attack. According to Dr. Hayes, pain which is related to a heart attack is confined to the upper body only not in lower body. It is called the “radiating” pain.
3. Nausea, Vomiting & Upset Stomach
This is a less common but possible sign of a heart attack for women. According to survey women are twice as likely as men experience nausea, vomiting when having a heart attack. Dr. Hayes had explained the reason behind that blood supply to the right coronary artery which extends to the bottom of the heart is blocked.
4. Fatigue & Sleep Problems
Usually, a feeling of sickness or unwell that can accompany a heart attack. This can be described as fatigue or even sleeping problems. Some women experience a fatigue without any cause when having a heart attack. In a study around 70.7%, women among 515 women reported fatigue before one month of the event. If you feel any abrupt changes in your sleeping way then it could also be a warning sign.
5. Flu-Like Symptoms
If you feel any flu like symptoms then consult to doctor immediately. It will also become the reason of heart attack in women because women are so sensitive and mostly women having allergy from many things which will become like flu. So, don’t ignore it.
6. Cold Sweats
In a survey one of the women reported feeling “clammy” which is not unusual when any women experiencing a heart attack. So, if you are feeling cold sweats then immediately consult to the doctor because it can be symptoms of heart attack. In a survey around 1000 of people experienced this symptom and they are less likely to delay getting to the hospital.
7. Chest Pain & Pressure
Chest pain symptoms may not for all women but it may be for some. According to Dr. Hayes, there is a huge overlap between men’s and women’s symptoms. If you have any feeling like chest pain and feeling pressure on chest then it may be symptoms of heart attack. Here is the characteristic of chest pain during a heart attack has been explained as a sense of pressure, squeezing, fullness, or pain that starts in the center of the chest. The pain or discomfort typically lasts more than a few minutes, or it may go away and then return. It can spread down the arms, to the back, or to the head and neck.
8. Dizziness or Light-headedness
If you feel dizzy then it can also be the symptom of heart attack. In a survey around 39% of women have reported this problem when they experienced a heart attack. Because of dizziness blood vessels may be blocked which leads to the heart.
Well, you can avoid the risk of heart attack by doing some little things which are given below:
- If you are not feeling well then immediately visit your doctor or clinic often.
- If you having the habit of smoking then leave it as well as stay away from other people who are smoking.
- You should get your blood pressure checked and you might need medicine to keep it at the right time.
- If you are the patient of diabetes then you should control your diabetes.
- You should also check your cholesterol.
- Being active and go for a walk every day that can lower your chances of a heart attack.
- You should have a proper diet and keep a healthy weight.
- Eat less salt.
- If you take birth control pills then don’t smoke and also try to stay away the person who are smoking.
- Don’t get stressed, angry or sad that may add to your risk of heart attack.
- If you’ve had already a heart attack then talk to your doctor about medicine. Because some medicines can help cut down the risk of having another heart attack.
- Do not drive yourself or have someone drive you to the hospital unless you have no other choice.
- Always try to stay as calm as possible and take deep, slow breaths while you wait for the emergency responders.
Follow given above essential tips and live a healthy heart lifestyle but you should aware about the symptoms of heart attack.