A salad is healthy food and it consisting of small pieces of a various number of food including vegetables, fruits, cheese, cooked meat, eggs, and grains.
Garden salads use a base of leafy greens. Other types include bean salad, tuna salad, fattoush, Greek salad, and somen salad. There are a number of salads in the world which are all good for our health and fitness.
Here we discussed some healthy salad which is:
- 6 sliced Bananas
- 1 sliced apple
- 4 peeled and sliced Kiwis
- 2 sliced in half-pints of strawberries
- Wash the fruit thoroughly and slice it.
- Then add it to a large bowl.
- Mix by hand, and for a twist, sprinkle some lemon juice on it.
- Chill and enjoy it.
MIXED GREEN SALAD-
- 2 to 3 ounces mixed baby greens
- 2 good handfuls of baby spinach or baby arugula
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into short, narrow strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into short, narrow strips
- 1/3 cup chopped and lightly toasted walnuts
- 2 medium firm, ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or as desired
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or more, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a serving bowl and toss them together.
- Cover and set aside until ready to serve.
CHICKEN & ROASTED PUMPKIN SALAD-
- 800g butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- olive oil cooking spray
- 600g chicken breast fillets
- 100g spinach and rocket salad mix
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin, syrup, and oil in a bowl. Toss to combine. Place pumpkin, in a single layer, on a prepared tray. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, adding walnuts to the tray for the last 8 minutes of cooking, or until pumpkin is tender.
- Spray a frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, make the Mustard dressing: Place oil, vinegar, syrup, and mustard in a screw-top jar. Secure lid. Shake to combine. Place pumpkin, walnuts, chicken, salad mix, onion, and dressing in a bowl. Toss to combine & Serve.
COTTAGE CHEESE SALAD-
- 2 Lbs. Cottage large curd drained.
- 2 Cucumbers peeled/seeded and diced fine.
- 8 to 10 Red radishes diced small.
- 1 Pack of scallions sliced finely.
- 2 to 4 Stalks of celery skin peeled off and diced into small cubes.
- 1/2 to 1 cup cilantro finely chopped.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts.
- A little bit of salt. Be careful with the salt there is salt in the cottage cheese.
- Black pepper to taste.
- Put the strained cottage cheese into a large bowl.
- Add your diced cucumber and fold into cottage cheese with your Rubbermaid spatula.
- Add your diced celery and fold it into the salad mixture.
- Add your diced radish to the salad mixture and fold it into the mixture.
- Add your sliced scallions and fold them into the salad mixture.
- Add your cilantro now and fold it into the salad mixture.
- Now it’s time to add your walnuts to the salad mixture and fold in well.
- Once this is all done your salad is technically finished.
- You can put the salad mixture in the fridge to chill for a while.
- Now cut up some veggies to stuff with the salad mixture.