A sandwich is a food item which is a mixture of one or more types of food, such as vegetables, sliced cheese or meat, placed on or between slices of bread.
There are various versions of sandwiches which are as follows:
- 4 slices Sandwich Bread – White/brown
- 2 tbsp grated Carrot
- 2 tbsp grated Beetroot
- 2 tbsp finely chopped Capsicum
- 1 Cheese Slice
Must Read It!
- Heat a little butter in a pan and saute the grated carrots for a few seconds.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Keep it aside.
- In the same pan, heat some more butter and saute the grated beetroots and capsicums separately.
- Add needed pepper and salt to it.
- Keep aside.
- Trim the brown edges of the bread and apply butter on one side of all the 4 bread slices.
- Take 1 bread slice with the buttered side facing up, place 2-3 tsp of grated carrots and close it with the 2nd slice with the buttered side facing up.
- On the top of the butter, place grated beetroot.
- Top it with the 3rd slice of bread with butter side facing up.
- On the top of it, place sauteed capsicum and a layer of the cheese slice.
- Then close it with the 4th slice with the buttered side facing down.
- Cut it diagonally and enjoy it with tomato ketchup.
- 3 Potatoes
- 2 media sized Onion
- 2 Green chili
- 1-inch piece finely chopped Ginger
- 1 Tomato
- A pinch Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad dal
- 4-6 Bread slices
- Toaster or tawa
Must Read It!
- Peel the skin of potato and cut it into small pieces.
- Chop onion, tomatoes, ginger and green chilies finely.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add urad dal.
- When dal turns golden brown, add onions, green chili, and ginger.
- Saute until onions turn transparent.
- Add tomatoes and saute for a few more minutes.
- Then add chopped potatoes, chili powder, turmeric powder, salt needed and cook covered, stirring in between until potato are tender.
- Now our potato stuffing is ready.
- Serve it and enjoy this recipe.
- 4 Whole wheat brown bread
- 75 grams grated Paneer
- 2-3 tsp Green chutney
- 1 finely chopped Onion
- 2 very finely chopped Green chillies
- 2 tbsp finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Bread Toaster or tawa
- Grate the paneer.
- Cut the brown corners of the bread.
- In a bowl, mix paneer, finely chopped onions, green chillies, green chutney, finely chopped coriander leaves and salt together.
- Now the stuffing is ready.
- Take 2 bread slices, apply butter on one side for both the bread, keep a tbsp of stuffing on the buttered side of 1 bread and close it with the other bread with the buttered side facing down.
- Butter the outer surface of the bread slightly if required or just grease the bread toaster and toast on both sides till golden brown.
- Cut it diagonally and enjoy as such or with tomato ketchup. Repeat the process for the rest of the bread.
- This can also be had as a snack with evening tea. Enjoy!