4. ICE-CREAM CUPCAKES
i) ½ package Oreos
ii) Pinch of salt
iii) 6 tablespoons butter, melted
iv) 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
v) 1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened
vi) 2 cups whipped topping or whipped cream
1. Line 12 muffin cups with muffin liners, then transfer the pan to the freezer.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the Oreos and salt until coarse crumbs form.
3. Transfer to a medium bowl.
4. You should have about 2½ cups of crumbs.
5. Add the butter to the crumbs and toss until well combined.
6. Remove the prepared muffin pan from the freezer.
7. Place 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs in the base of each muffin liner and press into an even layer.
8. Add a large scoop of vanilla ice cream to each cup and use a spatula to spread it into an even layer on top of the crumbs.
9. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cookie crumbs on top of the ice cream and then transfer the pan to the freezer until the ice cream is set, 30 to 45 minutes.
10. Remove the muffin pan from the freezer.
11. Scoop a smaller amount of chocolate ice cream into each cup and spread into an even layer.
12. Return the pan to the freezer until the ice cream is set, 30 to 45 minutes more.
13. Spoon a dollop of whipped topping on top of each cupcake and garnish with sprinkles, if desired and served it.