- 6 Brown bread
- 1 Onion
- 1 or 2 medium size Potatoes
- 1 cup chopped Spinach
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 finely chopped Green chili
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds(jeera)
Must Read It!
- Pressure cook potatoes, peel the skin and mash it slightly.
- Discard the thick stems and use only the leaves of spinach.
- Wash and chop it finely.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, when it sizzles, add finely chopped onion, green chilli and saute until onions turn transparent.
- Add potatoes, salt, chilli powder and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add spinach leaves and cook until it wilts.
- Leave it to cool.
- Apply butter on both sides of the bread, place 2 tbsp of spinach potato mixture, close it with another buttered bread and toast using a sandwich toaster.
- If you do not have a toaster, you can use a tawa.
- Serve hot as such or with tomato ketchup.
Simple French Toast:-
- 4 white or brown Bread Slices
- 1 large Egg
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Toppings as desired
- Powdered sugar
Must Read It!
- Beat eggs well, then add milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon powder and whisk for a few more minutes until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow pan. Dip bread slices in the egg mixture to coat both sides well.
- Preheat a non stick pan/skillet and grease with a little butter.
- When the pan is hot, place the egg coated bread slices and cook both sides on medium heat until browned.
- Use more butter if needed to cook the bread.
- Serve warm with toppings of your choice.