The recipe of these mind-blowing doughnut muffins is given below……….. 🙂 🙂
1. 1½ sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
2. 1 cup granulated sugar
3. 2 eggs
4. 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
5. 3 cups all-purpose flour
6. 2 teaspoons baking powder
7. ¼ teaspoon baking soda
8. ¾ teaspoon salt
9. ½ teaspoon nutmeg
10. 1¼ cups buttermilk
1. 1 cup sugar
2. 1 ½ tablespoons cinnamon
3. 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
4. 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping well after each addition.
5. Add the vanilla extract and mix to combine.
6. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg to combine.
7. Add half of the flour mixture to the bowl with the butter mixture, and mix to combine.
8. Add half of the buttermilk and mix to combine. Repeat with the remaining flour mixture and buttermilk.
9. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cavity three-quarters of the way full.
10. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.
11. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 8 to 10 minutes, then remove the muffins from the pan.
12. In a small bowl, whisk the granulated sugar with the cinnamon.
13. Place the confectioners’ sugar in separate small bowl.
14. Working one at a time, dip the muffins into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon sugar or the confectioners’ sugar to coat.
15. Serve immediately or after some time as you wish…………. 😛 😛