SKINNIER MANGO COCONUT WALNUT MUFFINS-
- 1 and ½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 and ½ cups of mango chunks(frozen or fresh)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ cup shredded toasted unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup of chopped & toasted walnuts
Must Read It!
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees.
- Spray 15 muffin tins with nonstick spray.
- In a food processor, add the banana, mango chunks, greek yogurt, melted coconut oil, brown sugar, honey and egg.
- Pulse together until pureed.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together until combined.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently folding everything together.
- Fold in walnuts and shredded coconut being careful not to over-mix.
- Fill muffin tins almost to the top.
- Top with finely diced mango chunks, walnuts and a sprinkle of coconut.
- Bake in preheated oven for 16-18 minutes or until a a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely.
SOUR CREAM BLUEBERRY MUFFINS-
- 2 cups biscuit
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and 3/4 cup sugar.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs and sour cream; stir into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
ORANGE BERRY MUFFINS-
- Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 stick or 8 Tablespoons unsalted melted and cooled butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Must Read It!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Butter or spray the 12 molds in a regular-size muffin pan or fit the molds with paper muffin cups.
- Place the muffin pan on a baking sheet.
- Pour the orange juice into a large glass measuring cup or a bowl and pour in enough buttermilk to make 1 cup.
- Whisk in the eggs, honey and melted butter.
- In a large bowl, rub the sugar and orange zest together with your fingertips until the sugar is moist and the
fragrance of orange strong.
- Whisk in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and, with the whisk or a rubber spatula, gently but quickly stir to blend.
- Don’t worry about being thorough – the batter will be lumpy and bubbly, and that’s just the way it should be.
- Stir in the blueberries. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes.
- If you want to top the muffins with decorating sugar, sprinkle on the sugar after the muffins have baked for 10 minutes.
- When fully baked, the tops of the muffins will be golden and springy to the touch and a thin knife inserted into the center of the muffins will come out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a rack and cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing each muffin from its mold.